My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Personally, I thought that ‘Lireal’ was an okay read. It was okay for the following reasons:
1. It dragged on for ages and ages.
2. There was hardly any romance in the novels.
3. I couldn’t connect with any of the characters.
4. There was hardly any drama or action that got to me and made me want to continue reading.
5. It seemed more like an introductory novel or a historical text from the Old Kingdom than anything else.
I loved how well the world was developed and the complexity of each and every character but overall, there was nothing about it that I REALLY enjoyed. This made me sad as I so wanted to enjoy this novel.
Congratulations to Garth Nix on publishing this well-written sequel to the ‘Old Kingdom’ series!